Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Indiana Deputy Attorney General Jeff Cox Tweets: “Use Live Ammo!” Against Wisconsin Unions






“All my comments on twitter & my blog are my own and no one else's… and I can defend them all.” --Jeff Cox *note his blog has since been deleted.


On Saturday night, when Mother Jones staffers tweeted a report that riot police might soon sweep demonstrators out of the Wisconsin capitol building, DAG Jeff Cox wrote via Twitter: "Use live ammunition."

This has to be one of the most deplorable statements I have ever heard! And it scares me, that people in the circle of power feel this way. I grew up in Indiana and I am an activist, so I have been rubber bulleted, teargassed and even struck by police…but I never feard death. Maybe Mr. Cox was confused and thought he was still a humorist for Sun Features, but even as a joke this ranks right up there.




Considering the murder of citizens by security forces in Baharain, Libiya, Yemen and other nations, this is the worst possible time to make such statements.
Indiana has employed DAG Jeff Cox for over 10 years, do you think he really represents the common person/worker with attitudes like this?


Especially considering that the Wisconsin police actually said “There has been good camaraderie between the police officers and the demonstrators,”

Is this really the way our country is now? Egotistical and extremists like Jeff Cox and Andrew Shirvell holding public office and stifling all progress in society. They get elected by a public that is propagandized by hatemongers on the news, and then bring bigotry and hatred of people power to public office.

Not only did he make these remarks, but many others as covered in the story by Mother Jones Magazine: Indiana Official: "Use Live Ammunition" Against Wisconsin Protesters.

He wrote horrible things like:

"sensible policy for handling Afghanistan, KILL! KILL! ANNIHILATE!"


And referring to an Indianapolis teen beaten by local police as:

"a black teenage thug who was (deservedly) beaten up"


And even tweeting that unionized public employee is synonymous with idiot.








Also saying there was a “civil war” in Wis.







I grew up in Indiana, spent a big chunk of my life there and then when I was an adult…I ran, from bigotry, xenophobia and gay bashing that I saw there on a daily basis. We can’t have men like this in charge of the state. Call the Indiana Attorney Generals Office and ask them to remove Jeff Cox, He can have an opinion, but just don’t Tweet it from your iPhone when you’re on the clock…that’s real government waste.






*******Update: The Indiana attorney general's office has confirmed to Mother Jones that Jeff Cox was terminated Wednesday. ******



--♣

No comments:

Post a Comment